Monday, October 13, 2008

Man with lack of faith?

Many people who are of those who profess a religion and that assures that they know the truth, a truth that does not put on approval without mattering from where it comes, are used to stereotyping the agnostics (actually, the most of them don’t know this adjective). They accuse them of proud, arrogant, and the worse thing according to them, men with lack of faith. But, you can be agnostic and have faith... It is possible to have the highest of the self-esteems and to be continued being humble. It is not necessary to degrade yourself to the authorities to reflect humility.
I, Caesar Medina, declare my self a man of much faith. First, I have faith in myself like in anybody else. I feel able to get wherever it takes by myself, and without requesting to no invisible being to help me, actually, if that being exists, I am sure that he would wait for that of me. I have faith in the others, and I grant my good faith in principle to them, but I apply justice to them as they deserve it, if they mess to me, and I grant the pardon to them if they request it. I have faith in that the humanity surpasses itself and that the best way to obtain it is to begin working in oneself.
I am humble when I see the enormous streets where I live, the enormous city where I walk. I am humble when I see in the maps the size of my country, my continent, my planet. I am humble when I understand and I include that without this tiny planet, that is only 150 million kilometers from a powerful star and close to so many stellar dangers, my life never had occurred. I am humble when I vaguely understand the laws of nature and when they are repeated in any place of the universe. I am humble when I abandon the believe that I am the best species of a spontaneous creation and when I stop thinking that I am the center of the universe and that I am the most important to a superior being.
To have faith is not to satanize to other creeds. To have faith is not to leave the solution of what I fear to a supreme being. To have faith is not to clean my faults with orations or prayers. To have faith is not to wish bad to the fellow that thinks different.
To be humble is not to believe oneself on possession of the truth. To be humble is not to profess love and not to give it. To be humble is not to accept like a fact something that somebody else teaches to you. To be humble is not to allow yourself to be used.
I have faith. Faith in myself over all things. I feel able to help the others with my own resources. I believe in life, I believe in existing, and I believe in making it worth it.
I am humble. Because although I am proud of myself, I can give my life to the fellow. I have already given it to my children and wife, and I will continue doing it.
I feel so great and so brave that the only way to take advantage of it is to give to the world everything what I have.

…and they all drank of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should write a new bible for atheists... very inspiring.
I'm admiring that you can put your feelings into words so eloquently. I'm quite hopeless at it.
Please keep writing. I promise I'll keep reading.

~Karleigh
ayumi_rocks333@hotmail.com

César Medina said...

Karleigh:

Thank you for your words. I only try to touch people´s common sense and switch their mind to reality.

I have friends that write so good that I consider myself their apprentice...

Keep spreading the word...